Contact Member Services
Ambrose Digital 2014 Special Subscription Offer…566 videos featuring 72 new videos!
Members who schedule an AmbroseDigital Onsite Demonstration and commit to ordering the whole catalog anytime during 2014 will receive a 10% discount! List price $3,295, MCLS member price $2,965.50.
Give your students the content they need in the format they want – streaming video at their fingertips. Ambrose streaming video includes more than 1,200 streaming video clips and full-length programs; award-winning content in social studies, literature, fine arts and the sciences; access to the complete BBC Shakespeare Plays collection (an Ambrose exclusive); and more. MCLS member discounts are available on one- to five-year subscriptions. Perpetual access option available, too! For quotes, orders, or other questions, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Stream the BBC Shakespeare Plays, James Burke's Connections, or Diarmaid McCullough's A History of Christianity from the BBC. Choose from among Ambrose's NEW series Great Authors of the British Isles, Human Geography, and Physical Geography. Watch Ambrose's science classic The Miracle of the Human Body—featuring medical imaging, realistic animation and cadaver specimens. Also check out Ambrose's history/legal series A History of Equal Rights in America, A History of Civil Rights in America, and The First Amendment in the 21st Century, hosted by First Amendment scholar David K. Hudson, Jr. See below for examples of Ambrose content. (Note: the embedded samples do not reflect Ambrose's native resolution.)
- NO per-user restrictions: Ambrose subscriptions provide unlimited streams and unlimited simultaneous users.
- High definition: It's Ambrose's starting point. Ambrose produces 90% of their own releases in any given year, and recognized early on the importance of producing in HD. Ambrose's HD stream is superior to DVD quality.
- Dynamic bit rate switching: No decisions for your users to make. When users click on a title, Ambrose automatically optimizes the stream to suit the user's screen size, type of device, and available bandwidth.
- Mobile device availability: Ambrose titles are accessible on any mobile device, whether Apple, PC, or Android—at no extra cost.
- Closed captioning: Searchable closed captions available on ALL streaming collection titles.
- MARC records: Available FREE, starting in August 2013.
- Optional HTML backlink: At your request Ambrose will supply HTML code, linking to a location of your choice.
- Tech support: Available through IRIS Education.
- Concept clips: Produced as stand-alone clips, each clip and program has a permalink for easy access by your professors in online and distance-education systems.
- Choice: Files available for streaming OR download! Licenses range from a single concept clip up to the entire catalog. Terms available from one year to perpetuity.
- Usage statistics: Simple pie chart summaries or detailed spreadsheet reports. Check monthly sessions, bandwidth usage, top video series, and top video titles.
- Simple web integration: Videos come with TinyURLs, video citations, plus full descriptions and metadata.
- Discoverable: All videos and clips are indexed in EBSCO A-to-Z and added to WorldCat Knowledge Base
- Downloadables: Extensive metadata support available.
See our Ambrose license agreement