Recorded Books offers two database products with discounted pricing for MCLS members:
LawDepot is a leading publisher of do-it-yourself legal documents and templates—with over 10 years experience. LawDepot users have drafted over one million contracts and have helped save half a billion dollars in legal fees.
LawDepot provides products and services that:
- Allow you to easily create legally binding documents - using LawDepot's innovative products, users just answer a few questions in plain language to create comprehensive legal contracts.
- Walk users through the process - LawDepot guides patrons through the creation of their document in a step-by-step fashion, and check users' input for common errors.
- Are high-quality and completely customizable – Law Depot’s documents have been developed by our experienced team of in-house lawyers and can be easily customized for patrons' specific needs.
- Save patrons time - users can avoid the cost of visiting a lawyer in order to fill out a document. Patrons can create them on their own “24 hours a day” from their own computer.
- Save patrons money - the best part is LawDepot provides all of this without the expensive lawyer fees.
- Are monitored and updated - All LawDepot documents are monitored and revised for accuracy and legal validity, because laws change over time.
- Are private, safe and secure - users' personal and payment information is kept safe and secure. Patrons can also choose to have a completed document stored for in LawDepot's archives.
LawDepot's mission is to "provide top quality legal resources that save you money".
Click on Document Center
for a master list of Law Depot documents.
Universal Class offers patrons a unique online education experience. With a growing catalog of over 540 courses, Universal Class is committed to providing only the most affordable and highest quality online training. Over 300,000 students around the world have benefited from Universal Class’ unique instructional technologies. With real instructors guiding the learning, engaging video-based lessons, a collaborative learning environment, graded lesson tests, certificates of achievement and Continuing Education Units available for selected courses, students enjoy an engaging and measurable learning experience that helps them master and document their educational goals.
Universal Class offers courses in Exercise and Fitness, Entrepreneurship, Arts and Music, Home and Garden Care, Cooking, Computers and Technology, Health and Medicine, Homeschooling, Job Assistance, Law and Legal, Parenting and Family, Pet and Animal Care…plus 100’s more.
ePrep Video Test Prep offers video instruction to answer every question on the practice tests. Personalized course management by the student, and parent controls, are included in the program. Tests included are ACT, PLAN, SAT, and PSAT. Reporting is available for student, classroom, and school results. ePrep helps students of all ability levels reach their educational goals by offering expert instruction in a way that is engaging, convenient, and student-adaptable. All of us at ePrep believe that master teachers, through their keen insights and broad experiences, are uniquely positioned to engage students as they impart the knowledge and strategies proven to maximize test scores. Using a well established "test-grade-review" methodology and a proprietary online, video-based delivery platform, ePrep makes connecting with an expert affordable and possible—anytime and from virtually anywhere in the world. Visit www.eprep.com/why
for additional information or www.school.eprep.com
for viewing demo.
BYKI Online for Education is a powerful language learning system that uses flashcards to teach you a set of words or phrases. It is the fastest possible way to lock foreign words and phrases in your long term memory. Features of service best represented in the following distinctions:
- 80+ language options including transliterated, selected languages for your programming. Click here for full list of available languages. (Updated May, 2010.)
- Intelligent Learning System
- Reading, Writing, Speaking, Grammar, and Listening skills
- Multiple learning exercises
- Pronunciation analysis
- Progress tracking
- Proficiency tests
- Picture/word association
- Windows: Internet Explorer 6 / Firefox 3 and up
- Mac OS X: Safari 3 / Firefox 3 and up
- World community (Blog, Facebook, Twitter, Word of the Day)
- School administration site with comprehensive reporting
- Online knowledge base and technical support
- System designed by a library company to be used by libraries, schools, and their patrons
- Click here for a chart of BYKI Online features, with space for comparison against other language-learning vendors.
What Byki Online can do for Teachers:
- Track Your Students' Progress
- Byki Online keeps track of the vocabulary your students have learned. Easily assign lists, monitor completion, and track student activity.
- Create Your Own Flash Cards
- Use Byki Educator Edition or Byki Deluxe Edition to create your own Byki flash cards. Share them with your students for use in Byki Online.
- Support for Your Curriculum
- The chapter vocabulary lists for many popular textbooks, and thousands of flash card lists created by teachers like you, are readily available for use with Byki Online.
Byki List Central: Search Vocabulary Lists for Popular Language Textbooks...
- Ecce Romani
- Allez Viens
- Komm Mit!
- Ven Conmigo
- And Many More at Byki List Central
What Byki Online can do for Schools
Easy to implement, Byki Online delivers proven language learning capabilities to your students with no software to install on your lab computers. Simply log in to Byki from any computer at school, home, the library, or anywhere internet access is available.
Byki Online meets the needs of educators and administrators with...
- Reports to track student progress
- Full control over the materials your students use
- Byki List Creation Tool for all subscribed educators
- 2,000+ flash cards organized in over 100 lists for each language
- The ability to organize students and learning materials by class
- Additional activities for your students to practice language skills
Byki List Central
Byki List Central is available to anyone at any time. Thousands of lists have been posted to List Central already and new materials are added daily. You can even post your own lists created with Byki Educator Edition. Plus, lists from List Central can be imported into Byki Online for Education.
The One-Click Audio - Downloadable Audio Books program consists of core collections of titles for children, young adults, or a combination, to which schools would subscribe. All titles are multi-use, meaning any number of students can download and listen to the audio books at any given time.
Distributed through our service Net Library, One-Click Audio is the leading downloadable audio service in the country. Click here
for further details.