Emerald Electronic Journals
Established in 1967, Emerald Group Publishing Limited is the world’s leading publisher of management research. In total, Emerald publishes over 700 titles, comprising 200 journals, over 300 books and more than 200 book series as well as an extensive range of online products and services. Emerald is COUNTER-compliant, meeting the international code of practice for reports that measure usage of online information products and services consistently. Emerald’s publishing philosophy is “Research you can use”, which means that our content is both rigorous and relevant, connecting the academic world with the world of management practice.
Emerald Engineering eJournal Collection
Assemble a strong engineering collection in 2010 with the Emerald Engineering eJournal Collection
Looking to expand your library in 2010? Discover a high quality Engineering offering and grow your holdings with The Emerald Engineering eJournal Collection. Introducing Emerald’s Engineering eJournal collection
The Emerald Engineering eJournal Collection includes 18 internationally recognized double-blind peer-reviewed journals covering all major aspects of engineering and technology. With 16* of the journal titles in the collection carrying Thomson Reuter’s ISI rankings, you have the reassurance that you will be equipping your users with the best research in the field into 2010 and beyond.
A high quality, self-contained online collection, all content is delivered through a simple search facility which can be used by any number of people at the same time. With no embargoes, you will also get immediate access to articles as they are published.
Drawing from research across four Engineering disciplines; Advanced Automation, Computational Mathematics, Electronics Manufacture and Packaging and Materials Science and Engineering, all journals in the Emerald Engineering eJournal Collection have an international editorial advisory board ensuring a truly global perspective from thought leaders within the field.
Emerald Engineering eJournal Collection - the collection for librarians who are looking for the very best in Engineering research for their users. 2010 Emerald Engineering Title List
- Aircraft Engineering and Aerospace Technology *
- Anti-Corrosion Methods and Materials *
- Assembly Automation *
- Circuit World *
- COMPEL: The International Journal for Computation and Mathematics in Electrical and Electronic Engineering *
- Engineering Computations *
- Industrial Lubrication and Tribology *
- Industrial Robot *
- International Journal of Clothing Science and Technology *
- International Journal of Intelligent Computing and Cybernetics
- International Journal of Numerical Methods in Heat and Fluid Flow *
- International Journal of Structural Integrity (launching in 2010)
- Kybernetes *
- Microelectronics International *
- Pigment & Resin Technology *
- Rapid Prototyping Journal *
- Sensor Review *+
- Soldering & Surface Mount Technology *
* ISI ranked journal
+ Sensor Review will get its first impact factor in 2010
To enquire about the Emerald Engineering eJournal Collection please contact Diana Mitchell at firstname.lastname@example.org
Emerald Management and Emerald Management Plus
The Emerald online collection of journals, abstracts and resources, Emerald Management
, serves business schools and management departments world-wide. Available in four journal collections Emerald Management offers flexibility for customers in choosing the right package for their users.
What is Emerald Management Plus?
- Emerald Management 40 is an entry level collection that spans a range of subjects and includes key titles such as: International Marketing Review, Accounting, Auditing and Accountability Journal, Management Decision and Journal of Business Strategy.
- Emerald Management 120 includes the journals in Emerald Management 40 plus 80 additional titles. Twenty journals in Emerald Management 120 are ISI ranked titles. This package covers twenty business and management subject areas in the Emerald’s portfolio and includes titles such as, International Journal of Manpower, Electronic Library and International Journal of Operations & Production Management.
- Emerald Management 175 contains all the journals in Emerald Management 120 plus 55 additional journal titles. This package also includes the journal Baltic Management Journal (launched in 2006 gained ISI status in 2008).This collection provides comprehensive coverage of existing and emerging subject areas.
- Emerald Management Plus includes all journals from Emerald Management 175 and currently has over 200 journals. Additional features and benefits on this premium package are below.
- Comparison list of titles included in each package (as of December 2009).
Emerald Management Plus is now the top level database product. Subscribers to Emerald Management Plus will automatically gain access to new and acquired titles, as and when titles are added to the premium collection. What is the difference between Emerald Management and Emerald Management Plus?
A customer who subscribes to Emerald Management would need to sign and negotiate a new agreement if they wanted access to a new Emerald title. Subscribers to Emerald Management Plus will automatically receive access to the new title with no need to sign a new agreement. Why did we create it?
This product has been created in response to demands from existing Emerald Management subscribers and also as a result of Emerald’s ever increasing journal collection. Since 2002, Emerald has added 103 journals to Emerald Management collection. A further 13 journals are planned for launch in 2009 with approximately 10 new journals predicted year on year thereafter. Emerald Management Plus subscribers will automatically gain access to new and acquired titles, as and when we add them to our collection. How will this product benefit Emerald customers?
Customers will benefit in the following ways:
- Reduced administration – no need to renegotiate mid agreements in order to gain access to Emerald’s newest journals
- Long-term budget control – guaranteed price for the term of the agreement
- Comprehensive collection – users will always be able to access the latest content from Emerald
- Industry leader – be amongst the first to access content from Emerald’s most recent and relevant new launches and acquisitions
for more information on Emerald Management.
Emerald Backfiles contains the digitalized content of the full archive prior to 1994; 68,000 articles from over 120 key management journals all the way back to Volume 1, issue 1 with some articles dating back as far as 1898.
- Coverage back to Volume 1 Issue 1 with some articles dating back as far as 1898.
- Over 120 journal titles will complete the Emerald Digital Backfiles, providing users with more than 68,000 articles on key management disciplines.
- Each backfile has been transformed into a fully searchable PDF
- Emerald Backfiles contain early articles from seminal publications such as British Food Journal, European Journal of Marketing and Journal of Documentation.
- Flexible purchasing options to suit all budgets.
- Disseminate out-of-print material.
- Provide users with the widest range of digital material.
- Grow your holdings. Add 68,000 articles to your library’s existing holdings. Emerald Backfiles can be used to complete and enhance a mature collection or provide an introduction to business and management research.
- Save on shelf space. Reduce physical presence and associated costs.
- Fill the gaps. Eliminate the problem of missing or lost print issues with the online Backfiles collection.
- Save time – for researchers and staff! Users can access information through familiar online platforms, eliminating the need for inter-library loans or staff support.
- Effectively manage your budget. The Emerald Backfiles are available for a one-off fee to ensure permanent access with no license restrictions.
for free sample articles.
Emerald eBook Series
Building on its 40 years of journal experience, Emerald is pleased to offer two eBook series collections that can be accessed directly from the familiar Emerald platform. Following an acquisition of content from Elsevier in 2007, Emerald Group Publishing Limited has developed its books program to include two online collections.
The Business, Management and Economics eBook series collection features 65 series titles of high quality content. The Social Sciences eBook series collections extends Emeralds current portfolio with 37 series titles across a range of disciplines including education, psychology and sociology.
- Content available in both HTML and PDF format
- Flexible purchase options to suit all budget requirements
- Access in perpetuity to content published in the years you subscribe
- Titles featured from the highly regarded JAI imprint
- An online organizational wide agreement entitles unlimited, institution wide, simultaneous access
- Save vital research time with easy search and browse facilities. The ability to search across books and journals allows users to find relevant information fast.
- Access to over 5,000 chapters of high quality content offer a cost effective purchasing option
- Gain access to research from an international author base to ensure you develop a global perspective
- No embargoes allowing immediate access to the latest volumes as they are published
for more information on these two collections.
Emerald Engineering Database
The Emerald Engineering Database is a self-contained online collection of 17 internationally recognized journals covering all major aspects of engineering and technology. Content is organized into four communities, creating a comprehensive resource: Advanced Automation, Computational Mathematics, Electronics Manufacture and Packaging and Materials Science and Engineering. For more information on the Emerald Engineering Database, please e-mail: email@example.com
or visit http://www.emeraldinsight.com/engineers/index.htm
In addition to subscribed content customers can also benefit from the following:
- Access in perpetuity to content published during the term of the agreement
- Emerald Teaching Zone, Emerald Learning Zone
- Emerald Research Zone
- Emerald for Authors, Emerald for Librarians
- Librarian Toolkit
- Onsite and Web-Ex (remote) training sessions for end users to facilitate effective usage
- Dedicated support from the Emerald team with technical assistance from Emerald’s technical support department
- Emerald Management Reviews (detailed abstracts from the world’s leading 300 journals)
For technical support, IP changes/updates or access issues the Emerald support desk is available 24-hours Monday – Friday. Emerald Support may be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org