MeLCat Users Day 2011
Causeway Bay, Lansing, Michigan
November 4, 2011
9:30 am Welcome
9:40 am Thinking Outside the Box in the World of eBooks
Steven Sowards, Michigan State University
10:20 am Break
10:30 am MeLCat Breakout Sessions
- WHAT? A New Matchkey? What does that mean for my cataloging practices?
- MeLCat has changed how it does record matching when loading your bib and item records to the WebOPAC. This session will describe the impact those changes may have on cataloging at your library.
- Top Ten Things You Should Know [Powerpoint]
- What Questions do MeLCat staff get asked repeatedly? This session will describe some of the most frequently asked questions in a fun and dynamic format. We’ll tell you who sends the best subject lines as well as why some things are the way they are.
11:30 am NCIP Update
- Stats ‘R Us and You! [Powerpoint]
- Interested in what titles your patrons request via MeLCat? Interested in what titles are requested numerous times? There’s a host of information that can be mined from the MeLCat transaction data.
- Mining MeLCat for Stats [Handout]
12:15 pm Lunch
1:00 pm Article Reach Update
1:30 pm MeLCat Resource Sharing Open Forum
2:45 pm Break
3:00 pm A Peek at What’s New & What’s Coming in MeLCat
Bill Easton, Innovative Interfaces & Sheryl Mase, Library of Michigan