Acquiring usage statistics for the MeL Databases
Many sites require an administrative username and password to access your library's statistics. In order for statistics to be generated for your institution, you may need to be using either direct or customized URLs. Contact the MeL Databases Support Staff with questions.
- Go to http://stats.grolier.com (Requires a User ID and Password).
- Select the options to generate the report for, select a Date Range and choose HTML format or Excel format.
- Click on Continue to generate the report.
- Go to http://stats.eb.com (Requires a Username and Password).
- Enter in a Start Date and End Date.
- Select a Report Type and File Format.
- Check the boxes next to Summary Report (Grand Totals Only) and Advanced Excel Style, if desired.
- Under Subscribed products, select the specific products.
- Click on Generate Report to generate the report.
ChiltonLibrary.com usage statistics are not displayed with the Gale usage statistics report. The ChiltonLibrary.com statistics are not automated, but Gale receives a spreadsheet with the usage every month. There are two versions of the reports. The first version only shows the number of hits to the database. The second version shows which make, model, and year was accessed, along with when the information was accessed. To receive your ChiltonLibrary.com usage statistics, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
DemographicsNow: Business & People
DemographicsNow statistics are not displayed with the Gale usage statistics report. The DemographicsNow statistics are not automated, but Gale receives a spreadsheet with the usage every month. To receive your DemographicsNow usage statistics, contact email@example.com.
- Go to the EBSCO Admin module (Requires a User ID and Password).
- Click on the blue Reports & Statistics main tab to view the report type sub-tabs.
- Select the Standard Reports tab.
- In Standard Reports, statistics can be viewed in several formats. Select the report type and then choose statistics at the the Site level. The Database and Title Reports are defaulted to show Selected statistics, which you can choose from the drop-down list.
- Once you have selected the date range, which fields to show, sort order, format, and number of lines per page, you can choose to:
Click on the Help link to view the online User Guide for EBSCOadmin and the Support & Training link to search EBSCO's Knowledge Base of FAQs, view additional tutorials, download support materials such as Help Sheets or complete User Guides, or send EBSCO a question using the E-mail Support link along the top toolbar.
- view the statistics immediately (Show Report),
- send them to an email address (E-mail Report), or
- schedule reports to automatically be sent to designated email addresses at pre-determined intervals (Schedule Report).
Your institution should receive monthly usage statistics through email. To view older statistics, visit the Gale Admin module (Requires User and Password information).
- Click on the View/Edit link under Summary Page next to your location ID.
- Click on Reports in the green bar on the left hand side of the screen.
- Click on the View Usage Reports link. From here you can run various reports.
- Under Helpful Usage Documents, on the lower right, there are several links to quick start guides on how to run reports.
- For further information, please visit the Gale Usage Reporting support page .
- Go to the HeritageQuest Reports page .
- From the drop-down menus, you will need to select the Report Type, Delivery Method, and Usage Period.
- Click on Create Report in order to generate the report.
In order to access detailed usage statistics and summary data, you need to register with LearningExpress.
- To register, go to: http://reports.learningexpressllc.com/Login/Register.aspx (Requires an Access Code).
- Fill out all of the contact information in the form and click on Register.
- After registering, go to: http://reports.learningexpressllc.com/login/Login.aspx to access the Reports Portal.
Gale LegalForms statistics are not displayed with the Gale usage statistics report. The LegalForms statistics are not automated, but Gale receives a spreadsheet with the usage every month. To receive your LegalForms usage statistics, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.