Any Michigan library may participate in MeLCat. Participation is voluntary.
To apply to be in MeLCat:
- Submit a MeLCat Participation Application and agree to:
If your library is a member of a shared library automation system, the shared system will need to submit a MeLCat Shared System Application Form and agree to:
- load your bibliographic records and holdings into the union catalog,
- share your circulating collections and authorize your patrons to make requests,
- abide by MeLCat policies, and
- participate in a statewide delivery service.
Submit a MeLCat Pre-Implementation Survey, which is sent to you after the participation application is received.
If your library needs to subscribe to the statewide delivery service, please go to Joining RIDES for instructions.
- provide your bibliographic and holdings records for loading, and
- provide links to your patron records, as needed for your library to participate in MeLCat.
MeLCat implementation takes approximately three months. What does that entail? Please see Steps to implement MeLCat.
Questions? Please contact:
email@example.com 1-800-530-9019 ext. 403