The Library of Michigan has a contract with Innovative Interfaces which includes a statewide license for all Michigan libraries and residents to use the MeL Gateway with broadcast searching. It includes an initial license for up to 550 Michigan libraries to use the MeLCat software, with an additional license fee for each library after that up to 2,000 libraries.
These are the local library costs to participate in MeLCat:
- Participation in the statewide delivery service, with a minimum of two days per week service, dependent upon the volume of materials.
- Software your local system might need to be able to:
- Export bibliographic and holdings records
- Export patron records
- (Optional) Implement NCIP (ILS vendors should use INN-Reach DCB Profile)
- Staff workstations able to use Java client software. For minimum specifications, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Staff time and expenses for training, testing and upgrading records
- Local publicity
- (Innovative local systems only) Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) security protocol certificate for your local Innovative server
- (Innovative local systems only) INN-Reach software, if your Innovative system was purchased after May, 2004.
- (Un-automated libraries) Barcode labels for library materials and for patron ID cards.