MCLS provides libraries with the tools and training to better serve their communities
By connecting member libraries through technology and face-to-face interaction, MCLS promotes:
- Sharing best practices
- Networking and collegiality
- Building a strong library community
Facilitating group purchasing and resource sharing services allows MCLS to enable libraries to offer more to patrons and helps create a strong network of Midwestern libraries working together to enhance the region.
As a non-profit library collaborative, MCLS is a member-owned and governed organization.
To facilitate sharing resources and to collaborate with other organizations to benefit Indiana and Michigan libraries.
- Maintaining our integrity, creating and sharing trust, and practicing ethical behavior.
- Demanding quality and excellence in our products and our services.
- Adding value through cooperation in all ways: economic, facilitation, technology, citizenship, service, and leadership.
- Promoting leadership and innovation within the library community.
- Encouraging individual growth through an open and participative work environment.