Any Michigan library may participate in MeLCat. Participation is voluntary.
To apply to be in MeLCat:
- Submit a MeLCat Participation Application Form and agree to:
If your library is a member of a shared library automation system, the shared system will need to submit a MeLCat Shared System Application Form and agree to:
- load your bibliographic records and holdings into the union catalog,
- share your circulating collections and authorize your patrons to make requests,
- abide by MeLCat policies, and
- participate in a statewide delivery service.
Submit a MeLCat Pre-Implementation Survey, which is sent to you after the participation application is received.
- provide your bibliographic and holdings records for loading, and
- provide links to your patron records, as needed for your library to participate in MeLCat.
If your library needs to subscribe to the statewide delivery service - please go to RIDES Start-Up for instructions.
MeLCat implementation takes approximately three months. What does that entail? Please see Steps to implement MeLCat.
Questions? Please contact: